Adams County’s largest city and county seat, Brighton, was formed in the late 1800s when the Boulder County Railroad and the Denver Pacific Railroadlinked. With a railroad system and farmland irrigation supplied by the SouthPlatte River, Adams County transformed into a booming agricultural area.
Sub sequentially, Adams County’s industrial footprint started to grow. Factory and oilrefineries started to boom. Today, this industrial and agricultural area is transforming into a living example of sustainability through more farm to table produce and renewable energy markets. Adams County is served by Adams County School Districts 12, 14 and 50.
Adams County is known for…
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Home to the Colorado Major LeagueSoccer team, the Colorado Rapids, Dick’s Sporting Good Park was developed by Stan Kronke, a billionaire sports franchise owner. Located in Commerce City, the park is set to be a 18,000 seat stadium for soccer games, concerts,festivals and additional sporting activities. This venue is also known forthe spectacular annual Fourth of July Fireworks show!
- Farm-to-Table Experience – Whether Coloradans are looking for freshvegetables or meat or picking berries withtheir children and exploring farm animals, Adams County has severallocal farms that welcome the public to experience Colorado farming at itsbest. Berry Patch Farms in Brighton allows families to pick juicy berries,wildflowers or vegetables and have a picnic right on the property. Forthose families seeking a fall festival, Maize in the City in Thorntonshowcases corn mazes, pumpkin patches and every autumn-themedactivity one can imagine!
Points of interest in Adams County
- Adams County Fair – The largest state fair in Colorado, the AdamsCounty Fair is a local annual event that features Colorado bands on themain stage, pie contests, mutton bustin’, 4H shows, demolition derbies anda free kids zone. There are activities for all ages and food for all taste budsat the Adams County Fair. Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in thisColorado tradition every August in Brighton!
- Water World – One of America’s largest water parks, Water World sits on64 acres, located 15 minutes north of Downtown Denver. This adventure parkis open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Visitors can enjoy thebeautiful Colorado sunshine while splashing and having fun in the park’s46 water adventures. Pack your picnic lunch and don’t forget thesunscreen! Parking is free so you can maximize the fun in the sun.
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge – A 15,000-acrewildlife habitat located northeast of Denver, the Rocky Mountain ArsenalWildlife Refuge is a conservation program that has transformed a war-time weapon manufacturing site that supported World War II and the ColdWar into one of the largest urban wildlife refuges in the United States.This refuge features a wildlife sanctuary with over 330 species of animalsincluding bison and bald eagles, hiking trails, educational programs andmuch more.
Adams County real estate and homes for sale
Thornton is booming with new construction given the city’s proximity to both I-25and E-470. Buyers have a number of new home builders to choose from whenselecting the home of their dreams. Traditional suburban neighborhoods areprimarily found in Brighton and Northglenn. Bennett offers quiet, peaceful andsmall-town living on acreage on the far east side of Adams County. Activefarmland featuring local farm to table produce is located on the north and easternperimeter of Adams County.
For more information about homes for sale and Adam’s County’s home market, contact Mile High Living today at 303-906-7646 or info(at)milehighliving(dotted)com.
The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® Real estate listings held by brokers other than Re/Max Alliance are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified. Full IDX Disclaimer. DMCA.