Boulder County is known for the stunning flatirons anchoring the majestic foothills, the red roofs of the University of Colorado lecture halls and
Pearl Street Mall where locals taste the latest craft beers and fare. Boulder is the perfect location for those seeking a smaller, easygoing citythat offers authentic Colorado lifestyle. From skiing atEldorado Ski Resort to hiking the winding trails behind the flatirons, there is no shortage of outdoor activities in Boulder, Colorado.
Rich with history, Boulder Valley was originally home to the Southern Arapaho Native American tribe until miners struck gold within the hills of Boulder. The area quickly transformed into a mining town complete with schools, hospitals a railroad service and later, a boutique hotel to attract the ever-growing tourist population. Today, Boulder’s streets continue to be filled with history and boasts a high quality of life and education for students ranging from kindergarten through college. Boulder County is served by Boulder Valley School District RE-2.
Boulder County is known for…
- Boulder Boulder – Since 1979, the Boulder Boulder 10k is one of thelargest road races in the world. Over 50,000 participants of all ages andabilities flock to Boulder every Memorial Day to participate in a race thatfinishes on the Colorado Buffalo’s Folsom football field. To register for the next Boulder Boulder race and experience a community race like noneother, click here.
- Breweries – Boulder and craft breweries go hand in hand and what abetter way to experience the more than 25 local Boulder breweries thanby going on a brew tour. Each brewery takes immense pride on puttingtheir own unique “stamp” on their beers. Whether it’s aged in an oldwhisky barrel or is a seasonal Chocolate Mint Stout by Avery Brewery,there is a beer for every palate in Boulder. Be sure to check out the localfood trucks at the breweries, too! It won’t disappoint!
Points of interest in Boulder County
- Pearl Street Mall – An outdoor shopping venue, Pearl Street Mall’shistory began when the gold miners flooded to Boulder. Woodensidewalks and dirt roads from the 1800’s have been transformed intoflagstone and brick walkways for local shopping and restaurants.Nowover 1,000 businesses call this pedestrian outdoor space home. Whetheryou are looking to eat at popular restaurants such as The Med, OAK at fourteenth or Frasca Food & Wine, grab a beverage at the Mountain Sunor Boulder Beers or window shop, Pearl Street Mall is the perfect locationto enjoy a beautiful and sunny Colorado day. Endless entertainment isavailable for all ages from play structures for children to musicians andperformers of all varieties.
- Chautauqua Park – The picturesque Chautauqua Park is one of 25National Historical Landmarks in Colorado and features 40 pristine acresfeaturing a historic auditorium, dining and academic halls along with 99quaint cottages. A favorite venue for Boulderites, Chautauqua Park is theideal venue for music or movies in the park, wedding ceremonies andreceptions or a romantic luncheon at the Dining Hall.
- Hotel Boulderado – Built in 1909, Hotel Boulderado is a landmark inBoulder near the Pearl Street mall. With walls enriched with “Boulder” and“Colorado” history, the name “Boulderado” is a perfect blend of rusticColorado elegance and Boulder flare. This boutique hotel houses threerestaurants, and a speak-easy bar along with modern amenities with avintage vibe. For those looking to experience the history and authenticityof Boulder, this is the perfect place to stay.
Boulder County real estate and homes for sale
Boulder County is home to Boulder, Erie, Jamestown, Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, Lyons, Nederland, Superior, and Ward. The city of Boulder offers a variety of home styles including charming and historical bungalows in the heart of the city to luxury properties nestled against the foothills with expansive views. Properties in Nederland are more typical mountain style homes with gorgeous, natural surroundings. Erie, Longmont and Louisville are suburban style areas and are frequently listed in the top places to live in the United States by Money Magazine.
With a vast array of home styles to choose from, Boulder County is perfect for those who want to live North of Denver with easy access to a year- round active Colorado lifestyle.
For more information about homes for sale and Boulder County’s home market,contact Mile High Living today at 303-906-7646 or info(at)milehighliving(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.