Situated high up at 5,280 above sea level, living in Denver is all about elevating your quality of life to a whole new level. The so-called Mile High City is an urban metropolis located in the South Platte River Valley and is known for being the highest city in the United States. It is also widely recognized as one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and in 2016, was named one of the best places to live by U.S. News & World Report.
So what makes Denver tick? Dubbed the Wall Street of the West, Denver is home to a prosperous community that lives in short distance to breathtaking views, exciting outdoor recreation, and cosmopolitan sensibilities. This capital of the state of Colorado is also considered a great jump-off point for a variety of outdoor pursuits, especially since Denver is located right at foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
As of the latest population estimates, Denver is currently home to over 693,000 residents. The city is served by Denver Public Schools.
Denver is known for…
- Outdoor escapades – Being located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Denver has access to limitless outdoor opportunities. Adventure sports is particularly popular in the area, while the nature is said to help keep the population young in mind and spirit
- A thriving culinary scene – Denver is a city for foodies, as its streets are lined with restaurants led by artistic and innovative culinary talent. Some of the best restaurants in Denver include Fruition Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and Rioja. Denver is also at the forefront of the food hall scene, being the home of wildly creative Avanti F&B and Central Market. Oh, and let’s not forget that Denver is home to over 100 craft breweries!
- Diverse and exciting neighborhoods – Denver’s neighborhoods offer their own brand of Denver to locals and tourists alike. Meet artsy Denver at the River North Art District. Shop ’til you drop at Cherry Creek. Get to know Denver’s colorful Hispanic side at the Art District on Santa Fe. In these neighborhoods, you won’t run out of things to do in Denver.
Iconic Denver attractions
- Denver Botanic Gardens – Located in Cheesman Park, Denver Botanic Gardens is the best place to experience the city’s lively nature along with sculptures by Alexander Calder.
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science – One of the premier natural history museums in the Rocky Mountains region, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science lets you get in touch with the natural world and the magic of science with its lectures, exhibits, and activities.
- Denver Art Museum – Home to over 70,000 precious works of art, the Denver Art Museum is considered as one of the largest art museums in the West Coast-Chicago area.
Denver real estate and homes for sale
Denver real estate is a cornucopia of diverse and high-quality housing options. Single-family homes, townhouses, apartments, multi-family dwellings, condos, and luxury properties are found all over Denver. Architectural styles are diverse, and Denver’s neighborhoods have plenty to offer.
For more information, get in touch with Mile High Living today at 303-906-7646 or info(at)milehighliving(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.